Monday, September 11, 2006

OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS

How sweet it is to bemoan the things I cannot do.  One day I woke up and realized that, at the age of 26, I was now officially too old to qualify for the Miss Canada Contest.  Never mind that I wear no makeup, have no discernable bust and tend to be a little thicker at the bottom.  I grieved anyway.  Here was one more possibility closed off, one more thing I would never do, one experience I could never embrace, like being a waitress. 
 
And now this!  Opportunity knocks.  Today's Edmonton Journal reports on a new restaurant in Montreal, O Noir.  No kidding!  the place is dark and the servers are blind.  Customers have to ask for their help if they want to find the bathroom.  Similar restaurants in London and Europe require two weeks notice for reservations.  the fad has crossed the pond.
 
Would I dine there?  Well I am not too sure.  Would I want to work there?  of course not.  I would hate waiting tables even more than I would hate flouncing onto a stage in a bikini.  but it is nice to think I have options.

No comments: