Saturday, March 03, 2012

A REST FROM COMPASSION FATIGUE

I liked the time in Calgary with the Carewest Day Hospital staff,
Workshopping hope and compassion fatigue with 2 family physicians, 2 nurses, 2 secretaries, 6 therapy assistants/aides, 2 physiotherapists, 2 occupational therapists, 2 recreation therapists, 2 social workers, 1 psychologist, 1 SLP, 1 geriatric psychiatrist and a manager.
I liked the way we worked together,
How they whined: “If your chronic pain group gets 2 hours for a hope collage, why do we only get 45 minutes?”
I liked the excellent food at the FCJ Christian Life Centre
And the memory of my previous night spent imagining a nun’s past life in a convent many times re-invented since 1893
“I hope everything suited you well,” said the smiling hostess who bid us farewell at day’s end.
“You say it was a workshop, but it sounded like a playshop to me.”

No comments: