Tuesday, April 17, 2007

THE RENOVATION BLUES

Oh please do forgive me for not making sense

My brain has been frazzled by fumes

They float up the stairs and come up through the vents

They suffocate all of the rooms.

The dog was annoyed that his doors were all blocked

He was limited only to one.

But that door deposits him outside the fence

So now his delight has begun.

The cat has discovered a thrilling new game

He waits for the dog to break free

And while I am chasing the dog down the alley

He is also escaping from me.

Our kitchen has moved to the bathroom upstairs

The coffee pot stands on the ground

The sink is for cleaning our dishes and teeth

The toilet lid has to stay down.

And I am the grumpiest woman alive

Rebelling against sacrifice

Rehearsing the story that will tell how I suffered

Just to keep our sweet home looking nice.

No comments: