Friday, July 13, 2007

APPROXIMATELY A DOZEN THINGS THIS BLOG HAS TAUGHT ME

1) That the easiest way to connect with others is through emotions.

2) That our differences are more interesting when we find ways to frame them through our common understandings

3) That being hopeful is different from being a hero

4) That anger is the least likely emotion to find a place on The Hope Lady Blog

5) That my writing wants to change after I read it out loud

6) That my writing changes even more when I read it out loud to an audience

7) That I should probably not attempt to publish a thousand-page novel since there aren’t enough listeners in my life to listen to it as it develops

8) That written humour and spoken humour are not the same.

9) That an experience can be replicable without being understandable. No audience will laugh when I tell them my mom called her hope-opotamus Hopey. Every audience will laugh when I pause, and then say, “She named me Wendy. She wasn’t perfect.”

10) That humour would rather be enjoyed than understood.

11) That I will have to learn at least one more thing before I can write educational materials and please myself at the same time.

No comments: