Sunday, August 05, 2007

TOYS

Pirate and I got new toys to play with
And that’s where the weekend has gone.

Pirate got rubber toys, squeaky and squishy
Soft and Supple
An ice cream cone bigger than his head
And a hedgehog even bigger,
Brought home by Mark as a happy surprise.

I got a GPS
And a PDA
And a PIN (pain in the neck, that is)
Paid in full on my MasterCard
But I really wanted it.

Pirate played with his toys in the yard
And said “no thanks” to his usual walk,
And dug a big hole in the lovely green grass
To make a safe place to store them.

I read the manual and played with my toy.
Threatened to smash it a few dozen times
I took it for walks and it told me the street names
I took it on drives and it said points of interest,
Things that are visually taken for granted
Voice competition for David.

Pirate was scolded for digging a hole
And warned about losing his toys in the future
And his paws were cleaned in the laundry sink.
While I went back to the manual again
To see what I needed to learn
To make the blasted thing work right.

So Pirate and I had a turbulent weekend.
Each of us travelling the road of discovery.
Too busy for blogging or walking on leash
Both of us feeling as happy as sunshine
Because we were blessed with incredible toys
And also the time to play with them.

No comments: