Friday, February 25, 2011

ACCIDENTALLY TELLING

Kitty: I thought you said my people were coming back.
Me: They are. They’ll be home on Sunday, just two more days.
Kitty: And what do you think they’d say if I told them you cornered me and brushed me against my will?
Me: I think they’d thank me for diverting a certain amount of long white hair to the garbage instead of letting it accumulate on their furniture.
Kitty: And how do you think they’d respond if I told them I threw up on the carpet?
Me: I think they’d say thanks for cleaning it up.
Kitty: And what do you think they’d say if they found out I escaped when you opened the front door?
Me: I think they’d say it was good that the temperature was –20 because you never run away when it’s that cold.
Kitty: And what do you think they’d say if I told them that it got so cold in our apartment that I had to come and live with you?
Me: I think they’d say they were glad they missed it, and they’d thank us for getting the heat fixed before they came home from Hawaii.
Kitty: Well, if that’s what you think they’d say, I guess I won’t try to learn English before Sunday. You never know what I might accidentally tell them.

No comments: