Thursday, January 24, 2008

DEVELOPING HEALING STORIES

If I could be granted a wish about stories
I’d wish for my stories to be healing stories
Because healing stories can heal me and others,
A laudable purpose for stories.

Each healing story would contain a struggle
Which is kind of a shame if you don’t like struggling?
But if life insists that you struggle anyway
You might as well make a story out of it.

And each healing story would point to a process
Of worry and wonder and noticing options
Rising to a place of high excitement
That you never imagined when you started.

And each healing story would linger long after
A future companion to bring inspiration
Remembered because of its masterful telling
Magnetic and sparkling with passion.

I have discerned that great skill is required
To develop the language and raise the excitement.
And I have been told by some masterful tellers
That it takes a long time for a story of struggle
To travel the gauntlet of process and options
That transform a struggle into a healing story.

So I have been eating more vegetables lately
Because experts say vegetables will make me more healthy.
And excellent health is a thing I will need
If I’m to become the wise old woman
With the power to turn my humdrum life
Into a collection of healing stories.

No comments: