Friday, January 25, 2008

WORD STUDY

I set out to list 15 of my favourite words. I was surprised at how easily they came. Spectacular
Incredible,
Romeo
Imagine
Rapunzel
Lilac
Hope-opotamus
Magnificent
Flamboyant
Delighted
Befuddled
Heart-breaking
Confidence
Passionate
Unfathomable.
I was out of time, though not out of words. Audacious was definitely a must for the list, which force me to extend the number to 16, rejecting perplexed which ought to have made it, ignoring awakened which definitely belonged there, rebuffing amazing in spite of its protests, discounting succinct due to space limitations. That’s when a research inquiry assailed me, implying a hypothesis, surprisingly salient.
The question is: To what extent does my list of 16 favourite words account for the varience between my high preference for storytelling and my lower preference for writing funding proposals and academic papers?

No comments: