Sunday, December 30, 2007

JOYOUS MOMENTS FROM 2007

Manhattan in March
Thirty minutes after finding out that it will be impossible for us to attend a taping of the David Letterman Show, Ruth, David and I are accosted on Broadway by a man inquiring whether we would join the audience of the David Letterman Show. Tickets are free if we promise to attend, and also if we answer two skill-testing questions. We can’t answer the questions without help, so he helps.

Hamilton, June
After meeting a Saskatchewan peony grower at our B&B, David and I spend a perfect hour sitting shadily under the tall trees amongst the peonies and irises at the botanical gardens. Classical musicians entertain us. Children frolic on the grass. Families eat ice cream.

Edmonton, May
On a warm evening, Mark, David and I stroll along the river with Julian, our British guest, slowly digesting an elegant French meal that thrilled us atop the Chateau Lacombe

Edmonton, July
Acidanthra flowers open and send out their fragrance.

Edmonton, September
Lawrence delights me into laughter when I am fearful of appearing live on stage with Shelagh Rogers.

Edmonton September
Appearing with Shelagh Rogers turns out to be enormous fun.

Edmonton, November
The email brings the news that the city is planning to install an audible traffic signal near my house.

Cancun, November
I frolic in the ocean waves with my husband, my father, and my sisters. It is 10:00 PM. The moon is full.

Edmonton, December
Mark announces his first term grades.

Edmonton, December
After eating double desserts at our staff party, my colleagues and I play carols on the combs.

So many warm days and evenings on the veranda! So many times when people asked how the kids are, and we said they are fine, more than fine really. So many fabulous walks with Pirate! So many times when we said we both enjoy our work!

2007 was a good year.

No comments: