Monday, December 03, 2007

TALKING BACK

Hello back there.
It’s my back again
Checking in
Complaining when I stand, or sit, or walk, or lie down flat
Making itself felt, no matter what!

Here are my expectations for a back.
A back should stay in the background,
Being supportive,
Following obediently,
Straightening me out,
Bending when needed,
Extending my Reach.
A back should be seen and not felt, except for backrubs.

Now you might call this whining,
Or feeling sorry for myself,
And you might suspect me of making complaints,
Or complain that I am moaning.

You are right, of course.
I am whining.
I am feeling sorry for myself.
I am complaining.
I am moaning.
I am also working,
Because I expect myself to work.

Hello back there?
It’s me in front,
Apologizing humbly for whatever I did to offend you,
Asking you nicely to stop hurting soon.
It’s my way of being proactive.
They say you never get anywhere until you establish expectations!

No comments: